Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke From Belize!

You’re really going to wonder who in the world I am when I tell you this, but this is me drinking my first Coca-Cola ever! Megan ordered one at the Chinese restaurant and then Kyle asked me if I’d like to try one. They are made with pure sugar here (unrefined or beet-derived) as opposed to the US where they are made with corn syrup and caramel coloring. Since I do not eat refined sweeteners, nor do I drink many products with carbonation, I’ve never had a Coke.


When it came out, I took a sip and was thinking of what I knew. I didn’t want to tell Kyle or Megan this was the first Coke of my life because I thought they’d think I was a bit strange – I mean, have you ever drunk a Coke? Of course you have, who hasn’t?! Well, in fact, I hadn’t.
I decided just to let the cat out of the bag and tell them this was my first Coke. They were delighted and laughed, and then to my relief, instead of giving me a hard time about it, Megan offered to document the momentous occasion.
It is delicious! I can’t wait for my next one J

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, neither Sam or I have ever had a Coke before. Although we probably don't count cuz we were both raised in non-caffeine houses, so neither of us has ever had a Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mt Dew, etc. either. :)

    ReplyDelete