Monday, May 2, 2011

It’s a jungle out there!



We live in a jungle! Truly!! We say in America that “It’s a jungle out there!” When they say “out there” are they referring to the trpoics? If so, I’m experiencing it now! It’s so amazing. A tropical breeze blows through my room that large open windows on 3 walls, the sun is shining and palms and other tall trees are swaying with the wind. In the distance I look out my window and see the tops of green trees stretching for miles.
I’m listening to “Enya: Carribean Blue” (come on now, who doesn’t love Enya?!) and somehow when I listened to this music in the US it always seemed to take me across a sea to some distant place. Yet now it seems totally fitting for the setting I’m in today. Perhaps this is the distant place I always imagined I was in. I feel quite at home here. Four months seems like it will just fly by.
I expected it to be unbearably hot and humid, but it is really quite pleasant now. Of course, we are heading into the “hot season.” We’ll see what I think in another month!
There was a beautiful breeze blowing on and off when we were in Belize (that’s how locals refer to Belize City). We asked if it was that way everywhere in the country, or just there near the ocean. We were told that it is always breezy everywhere. So far we’ve found that to be true.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment